Friday, December 30, 2005

An "Alexander" Day

I'm having an Alexander day. Remember that old children's book, "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day?" It was one of my favorites as a kid. Alexander wakes up with gum in his hair, the toy is already missing from the cereal, his teacher likes another little boy's picture better than Alexander's drawing of an invisible castle, and things just keep getting progressively worse as the the day goes on. I'm having my own terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

I think it actually started last night. I was working on a speed scrap for SBB. I was really liking the way my page was coming together. I was making all my own elements, and it was really looking good. Then my computer froze up. It seems we are having power supply issues. I was heartbroken. Of course my idiot self hadn't saved even once since I started. It was a speed scrap, for Heaven's sake! I never thought something would happen in that amount of time. So anyway, I have to start completely over. I'm so bummed. And knowing that it's partially my fault for not saving makes it only slightly worse.

My whole day today has been like that too. Just one thing after another keeps going wrong. I sure hope tomorrow is a much better day. I don't think it will be, though, because I bartend on the weekends and I, like every other bartender, hate New Year's Eve. It's a lot of hard work and I'll come home totally exhausted. All I can say is "Thank God for Suday!!"

So I had hoped to post a layout on my blog for the first time, but it will just have to wait. Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home