Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Diary of a Bad Scrapper

I've been surfing the other blogs on the Digi Scrap Blogs webring, and I've come to this conclusion: I'm a bad scrapper. I don't scrap nearly enough. I have been scrapping since last May, and my gallery at SBB has only 25 LOs. I need to do more. Some of the blogs I've been looking at have a new page posted everyday, sometimes two. I just don't have the photos for that. I don't take enough photos.

Part of my problem is that I don't have a digital camera, so photos can become expensive with the film and processing costs. If only I had a decent digital camera, it would be nothing to just whip it out at a moments notice. As it is now, I have four rolls of film waiting to be developed, and when I finally get them done, who knows if I'll even have decent photos to scrap anyway?

I decided I may be just too picky when searching through my photos. I looked through a few galleries where the owner had taken random snapshots and turned them into beautiful pages. I thought, "Maybe I do have some decent photos to scrap that I've just been overlooking." So I went through my photo box again. I still wasn't inspired. I really do think I'm just being too picky, but I don't know how to solve the problem. Maybe I just need to reach into the box, pull out a photo, and scrap it. No matter how good or bad it is, I need to just find a way to make a decent page out of it.

One thing I really need to do, and I think it may be worthy of one of those pesky "resolutions" everyone's been talking about, is to participate in more challenges. I think if it weren't for cjs and crops, my tiny little gallery would be only half the size it is. So I'm going to try to participate more. Instead of lamenting the lack of photos, I'm going to choose a challenge and force myself to submit, with whatever photo I have that will work. Even if it isn't Ansel Adams quality. I need to liberate myself from the impossibly high standards I seem to have adopted when searching for photos.

One last thing, I need to quit shying away from including myself in my LOs. I don't have kids, so most of my photos are empty of people altogether, or they are of my dh and I. I always dismiss the ones of me because I don't like them, and I know one day I'll regret that. Someday my kids or grandkids will look at my albums and say, "Where were you?"

Once I do have kids, this whole scrapping thing will be so much easier. I'm sure we'll be keeping the film-processing industry afloat single-handedly. Until then, I've just got to push myself to do better. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home