Sunday, January 22, 2006

What a long night!

We spent most of the night at the ER last night. My dh hurt his ankle at work, and by the time he got home, it was really swollen. It just got more painful as the evening wore on, so we decided we should go and have it looked like. I was afraid he may have broken something, because the outside of his ankle was swollen to the size of a grapefruit! We went to the emergency room and luckily they weren't very busy. Even so, after answering the same questions about a hundred times, a few X-Rays, and two and a half hours, they sent us home with some crutches. Turns out he has an evulsion fracture of the fibula. The doctor said sometimes when the tendons and ligaments are strained badly enough, they actually pull off a little chip from the bone. It sounds worse than it is, though, because they just treat it like a bad sprain. Unless, of course, the radiologist finds something more on the X-Ray.

The worst part about all of this, is Hubby just went back to work after a long lay-off. Now he can't work because he's on crutches. So, hopefully he heals really quickly because we need his paycheck to keep coming in. I've got my fingers crossed.

I did another page for the Scraplift Blog. You can see Michelle's inspirational page here. The papers and elements are from a kit I made called "Vivid." Fonts are Courier, Technical, Cuckoo, Carpenter ICG, Heather, HansHand, Lucida Handwriting, Pegasus, and Korinna.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Oh wow!!! I'm sooo sorry about your dh's ankle!! That SUCKS! My dh was laid off after 13 years on the job, back last spring and then had trouble finding a job. Then to top it all off work wouldn't let me go to day shift and I ended up being laid off as well!! We ended up using ALL of our savings. I really do understand and would be worried sick too!!

Try and hang in there. Hopefully he'll be back to work before too long. I'll be thinking of you guys!

Now to get your blog link up on mine!! I meant to earlier!!

7:55 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

BTW~I LOVE your lo!! lol~sounds like we have a ton in common:) That's a great lookin' kit you made there too~good job:D

8:04 AM  
Blogger Cassandra said...

I do hope your hubby mends extra fast for you.. and your scraplift is just awesome!! Great job, glad to see another fontlover at work!

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home