Saturday, January 28, 2006

What a week!!


I've been neglecting my blogging and blurfing lately. I know, and I'm sorry. It's just that things have been rather hectic around here, what with working, working my second job, and nursing my invalid hubby. Tonight is the first time I've been able to spend all evening on the computer the way I'm used to. I got this birthday card for SBB done tonight. They are putting together a book of these that everyone can browse and download. With everything that's been going on, this is about the only part of SBB's birthday-week festivities I've been able to participate in. I must be tired. I keep ending sentences with prepositions. Sue me. =)

An update on hubby: His ankle's healing nicely. The swelling finally went down Wednesday, and he's been able to get along on just one crutch. This is a good thing, because he isn't very graceful on those crutches anyway. (lol!) In the true spirit of Murphy's Law, this week while he was laid up, he got calls from all of the temp agencies wanting to put him to work. It just figures that when work finally becomes available, he can't take it. There is good news, though. He is going to try to go back on the schedule at his regular job Monday, and today he had not one, but two interviews. Thursday he applied for a full-time job and they called him for an interview this morning. Then a couple of hours after he got home, they called him back for a second interview this afternoon. I think things look good that they'll hire him, and they already know he can't start until he heals, and they seem to be okay with that. *Keeping fingers crossed!

More good news: My best friend, Teri, is moving, and her new house is just three doors down from mine. I'm way stoked! I'll get to hang out with them all the time (even more than I do now, if that's possible) and her little girl, Leah, can walk down to visit Aunt Miranda and Uncle Bryan any time she wants! Awesome!

Well, this post is packed with just about all of the good news I can think of right now. Good news posts are so much more fun than bad news posts, dontcha think?? So anyway, that's all for now, and with a little luck, there will be a Good-News-Hubby-Got-The-Job post on the way soon!

2 Comments:

Blogger Shannon Bieger said...

Oh that figures about all the work coming in NOW! But that is good news about all the rest! Yay!

4:43 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

GREAT news about your dh!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you guys:)

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home